Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Peacock and Gold Christmas Tablescape

I'm loving my Christmas tablescape this year. It's inspired by gold and peacocks. I love both!  I'm so glad gold is making a comeback. It's been a long time coming.  Don't get me wrong, I love silver. But it seems silver is all I've seen for years now. It's a nice change and I think it goes quite well with my peacock inspired theme.

My centerpiece was frugally done. I grabbed some branches from the backyard.  My husband painted them gold with some acrylic paint I had on hand. We placed teal blue and gold ribbon of different widths throughout the branches. I purchased a box of crystals from Marshalls to complete the look.

I was finishing my table up and decided I needed just a couple of finishing touches. I added 2 white resin birds. I love white. You'll probably always see pops of white wherever I decorate:)








Everything is finished. The lighting was bad today in my home. For that reason, I added something called a glamour glow to the photo to lighten it up.



Costs breakdown:
Plates were all free. I already owned them. CB2
Gold leafed chargers 6 total- $1.00 a piece from the Dollar Tree
Butterflies a pack of 4- $9.99 from Marshalls
Mercury glass votive holders 4 total- $3.99 a piece. Marshalls
Table Runner- Free and it was actually a scarf I used.
Ribbon- Free (already had on hand)
Peacocks 2 total- 5.95 a piece from Pier One
LED tealight candles- Free (already owned them) Home Goods
Silverware- Free (already owned) Home Goods
Mid-Century modern vase -Free (had that puppy for years now)  Pier One
Wine glasses box of 12- $10.99 Marshalls
Crystals one box- $6.99 Marshalls
Paint- Free (already had on hand)
Spray paint- I wasn't sure whether or not to include this in the cost breakdown. The spray paint was originally for the branches centerpiece. The color I chose was champagne. When the branches were sprayed it came out as a silvery color instead of champagne, which is not what I was going for. So, I used pure gold acrylic paint over the champagne and this is the color I decided to go with.
2 Resin Birds- $5.99 for the pack. Marshalls
                                                     Total: $67.82 without tax

                                        



Linking up with:
http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2011/11/tablescape-link-party-homegoods-contest/#more-24364
http://www.houseofhepworths.com/
http://www.sallyleebythesea.com/2011/12/coastal-christmas-day-1-holiday-linky.html?showComment=1322804258926#c4122552932757436842
http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/11/turquoise-lovin-15.html?showComment=1322880940033#c4458251504939869416
http://chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com/2011/12/flaunt-it-friday-82-and-3-shutterfly.html
http://petitehermine.blogspot.com/2011/12/sunday-linky-party-42-goodies.html
http://tatertotsandjello.com/2011/12/weekend-wrap-up-party-and-a-year-of-sugar-scrubs-giveaway-8-winners.html
http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/2011/12/sns-111-mantels-and-stockings.html

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors & love the peacock theme....great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice table! I love the peacock colors! I did a post recently on incorporating those colors into your home. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loooove me some peacock blue and gold, way to go girl! What and inviting table, thanks so much for linking up to the party!
    xo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great color combo. it's amazing what difference blogging has made, at least to me. i would never have thought those colors could be for the holidays, but they totally work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous, I love the peacocks you used, I saw them in Pier! the other day, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your colors and those peacocks are amazing!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jean, thanks so much for the compliment. I'm going to head over and check out your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Centsational Girl, Thank you for hosting. I really looooove peacock blue and Gold as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the cape on the corner, thank you for taking the time to come over and have a look. I agree, the blog world opens your eyes to things you normally wouldn't think of or expect to work. Thanks for the compliment:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. UKMUMINUSA,
    Thank you so much! I love the peacocks, too. I first purchased some beautiful ones from Marshalls. The feathers were much more elaborate but the colors didn't go with my theme as well. So, I picked up the pier one peacocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Glenda. There are actually 2 peacocks.They're for the heads of the table, you just can't see both:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful color combo! I like how you "wrapped" the plates with ribbon too. :)Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this color combo. I'm glad gold is coming back too, it's so elegant. I really love the way you mixed and matched the settings. The way you made the settings look like presents is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The only thing I would do different with this is to leave the unfinished pics out of the posts. I edited the posts today and took out the unfinished pics. I think it looks more authentic and beautiful now. Oh, and perhaps have a lot of branches hanging down from the ceiling as opposed to in a vase. My husband talked me out of that, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful color combination - LOVE the peacock!!

    I'd love it if you'd share it at our Christmas Linky Party going on right now.

    Happy December!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, Sara! That is so kind of you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. THis is gorgeous!!!! I love different color schemes for Christmas and this one is a keeper.
    Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is so nice of you to say:) I really enjoyed some of the projects on your blog, too! I'm your newest follower!

      Delete