Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Geometric Shapes Trending in 2013 Interior Design

I'm not sure if you've noticed or not but what started in 2012 with geometric patterns in fashion and design, is continuing strong into 2013. It is the year of graphic prints and geometric shapes. You can see the trend popping up everywhere.


Isn't this gorgeous?  This room is via Holly Brooke Jones.
I'm not being paid for this, I simply L.O.V.E. this design and fantabulous dining room! You can purchase this stencil at an amazing price at her Etsy shop "CuteStencils."

WoodSmithe Timber & Ore Geometric Stool
Add caption
This geometric beauty is the Umbra coffee table from Anthropologie

Pearl Polyhedron Paper Vase via Urban Analog Etsy Shop

Polyhedron Wood Candlesticks Urban Analog
Snugvase High by SnugStudio on Etsy
Fort Standard Terrarium

Cage Pendant CB2
Honefoss Geo Mirror pack of 10 Ikea


I have a couple of geometric diy's coming up for ya. So check back!

Linking up HERE

13 comments:

  1. Now every time I see a geometric piece or design, I'm going to think of you, Mrs. Design Fluff. :)

    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pendant is phenomenal! Love it all, thanks so much for sharing! I'm your newest follower by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I really like it, too! I'm especially fond of the stool! Thank you for commenting and following Ashli. I'll be by later to check out your blog!

      Delete
  3. I am totally not a math person, but there's something about geometric shapes that gets me all crazed. Love them! I need to get some wall stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also, not a math girl but their is something comforting about all that geometry. Wish I'd felt that zen in senior Math in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I look forward to your geo DIYs! :) and I am seriously loving that cute turquoise stool! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that turquoise stool, too! It's my favorite of all of them. Thanks, Jane!:)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, i LOVE geometric designs! It frustrated the heck out of me all throughout last year because i was seeing these gorgeous geo textiles and walls on US based blogs and i couldn't find ANY in the UK. It's only now that we are starting to see a few geo print things pop up, but they are still rare. It's unfathomably irritating that we are so fare behind the US with this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I share your LOVE for geo designs, Sarah! I imagine it is irritating to love something so much and not be able to go and get it! I feel the same way about things offered in the UK sometimes and not here!

      I have a diy geometric project that is almost completed and will be up on my blog that you should be able to do until they offer up more things in your area.

      So, check back!

      Delete