Monday, August 19, 2013

Something Old Something New



Sometimes you get so sick of seeing a certain trend that you really don't want to see it anymore. But then sometimes, you see it done differently, and just like that, you fall in love all over again.


For instance zebra......

via One Kings Lane


There is something about the color and depth of this rug that really makes me love zebra again. Also, just styling it differently then I'm use to really makes it stand out to me.  I can see me buying this rug.


Via LGN via Lonny

This is gorgeous, though I prefer it in navy.


via Steve's Blinds and Wallpaper?

Or, like the above photo, how about a nice dose of subtle zebra?


via HouseBeautiful




4 comments:

  1. Pictures 1 and 2 are my favorite. Oh, that headboard!!

    XOXO,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about getting sick of a trend, and then seeing it in a new way and wanting to jump aboard again. I love that last image so so much. Also the first rug you showed, where the print is sort of faded- it makes it less in-your-face; I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think a lot of design bloggers do, but they feel bad about admitting liking something on their blog after the trend is over. I'm pretty sure Jenny from a little green notebook wrote a post in the last year about liking things after they are no longer "in".

      Delete