Sunday, November 11, 2012

Gold, Silver, Tobacco, Cream Design Board

I was inspired by some of my pins on Pinterest to put together a style board for a living room I would like to have in the future.  I used a site called Kaboodle to put it together. Unfortunately, there is very limited things you can do with the program, but it's fun because Kaboodle allows you to "pin" any image you like to their site and it will cut the backgrounds out for you. As you can see with my design board the background cutting is not the program's strong suit. It's still a good program for a novice like myself.


I chose a silver, gold, tobacco, and cream colored setup. People are a little afraid of mixing silver and gold, I know that I am at times. The trick to it, I believe, is incorporating items with a champagne color in your space and then adding your silver and gold pieces in. Champagne is a mix of the two and to me it sort of "marries" the colors together.

I think the key to using a lot of metallic pieces in your room of the same color is to make sure they are different shades of the same color.



Where you can get the items:
Room color- Elephant Tusk by Benjamin Moore. It’s a luscious dark cream.              
Chesterfield Sofa - One Kings Lane - The Living Library - Chip Chesterfield
Coffee Table- Peekaboo coffee table from CB2.com
Console Table- Encore Console Table- ZGallerie
Mirror- Kicher Lara Wall Mirror
Chandelier-  Allure Chandelier
Art-  Z Gallerie - Pirouette 1
Rug- Konstrukt Rug in Charcoal
Flower Pillow- Four-Flower 20x20 Pillow, Gold on OneKingsLane.com
White Pillow-  Bansuri Pillow from Elizabeth Bauer Design
Tray- Polished Nickel Mirror Tray from Shopten25.com
Gold Lamp- ARTERIORS Home Bishop Table Lamp



**I seem to have lost all of my comments, again. Not sure why I have the wonkiest commenting system on Blogger, but if any of you needed me to get back to you about something, you can re-post here now that I have gotten rid of intense debates. Perhaps the change back to blogger caused me to lose the comments. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment