Monday, October 17, 2011

My New Halloween Mantel using Mod Podge and printable spooky labels.



I love my new and improved Halloween Mantel. You may have read my other post where I did a Dollar Tree Halloween Mantel Design Fluff Dollar Tree Mantel . I grow tired of things quickly and wanted something different and less busy. Not to mention the other one kinda creeped me out. I know, weird.

Well, I  love me some vintage so this is something simple and affordable that I came up with. 2 apothecary jars from T.J. Maxx, 3 Dollar Tree plates that I Mod Podged on some wonderful vintage graphics from The Graphics Fairy, and a dash of Mother Nature.

(If I remember right, I think someone did a similar plate project on The Graphics Fairy with the same printouts).  I used 3 plates of varying design and shape to give it some visual interest. I downloaded and printed out some free Vintage Halloween labels for my apothecary jarsVisit Love Manor and voile, a simple, much less busy, with vintage appeal Halloween Mantle!

By the way, (this wouldn't be my blog if it didn't happen) I messed up on the plates. I thought the Mod Podge wouldn't show and it does if in the right light.  So, if  you are going to make these plates be careful only to apply the Mod Podge to the back of the printouts like a glue, so it won't ruin your plate. If you do use it as a sealer on the plate, keep a wet rag handy for any oopsies and apply carefully and evenly.

Last but not least, pay no attention to the funky dirty ceiling fan in the first pic. That beauty is coming down! But that's for a post down the road, and I can't wait to feature it on here!


























2 comments:

  1. Nice animal design on dinnerware plates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice collection and awesome working on this crockery plates i like it.

    ReplyDelete