Monday, October 15, 2012

Working On Gold Leafed Dresser



I apologize for the bad picture quality. This was taken before we painted our dining room. Anyhow, we are taking a dresser "apart" and giving it a facelift. It's still a work in progress.

I used some frog tape to place a pattern on my dresser top. Then I gold leafed over it. I removed the frog tape which was gilded and placed it around the edges of the dresser. It worked quite well in faux gilding the edges.

This project was put on the back burner and I've noticed the gold leaf has not held up so well even though we sealed it with the sealer that comes in the kit. So, I'm either finding another sealer and redoing the top or going to scrap the whole thing and mirror it then layer over some O'verlays. Not sure yet. Stay tuned.

BTW...surprisingly the 'faux' frog tape gilding has held up amazingly! Gilded frog tape? Hmmm.... I think I have an idea!  Be back soon with an update!



**I seem to have lost all of my comments, again. Not sure why I have the wonkiest commenting system on Blogger, but if any of you needed me to get back to you about something, you can re-post here now that I have gotten rid of intense debates. Perhaps the change back to blogger caused me to lose the comments. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment