Saturday, October 13, 2012

Coco Chanel Sheaf of Wheat Coffee Table Find!

Made in Italy but became the epitome of French Chic in the 60's, I believe.    I think this particular piece was made in the late 50's. Yes, I gave her a boa with my flokati rug.

I wanted to share a very exciting find from Craigslist. I just about jumped out of my skin waiting to get it!  It's the highly coveted and very chic sheaf of wheat coffee table made classic by Coco Chanel and Yves St. Laurent.




Ignore the bad styling. I didn't want wait to share this table and used what I had laying around to style it really quick.  Later, when I have more time to collect items, I'll redo it, right.


Woohoo! Look at those sexy gams. You can look, but don't touch the sheaves ladies.

I've seen this table going for as much as $7,500 U.S. dollars! Most I've seen listed $1700-4,000. And you can still find them occasionally going very cheap on eBay or Craigslist when someone isn't sure of what they have.



Above and Below images are from Coco Chanel's 31 Rue Cambon apt.
Coco was said to have used the sheaf of wheat emblem in many of her designs. She believed it was good luck and it symbolized wealth.

Yves St. Laurent's sheaf of wheat table. He was said to use them frequently through out his home.

Coco used wheat sheaves throughout her home as well. In fact you could find it in every room of her Rue Cambon apartment.



 


Karl Lagerfield paid homage to Chanel by using wheat sheaves in his Spring/Summer 2010 collection.



My advice is if you find one of these at an affordable price, consider yourself lucky and pick it up right away before someone else does! This table is classic, an investment, and will make an amazing heirloom.






I switched commenting systems and lost all of my comments. I apologize if I didn't get a chance to respond to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment